Monday, May 16, 2011

Wooden Candle Sticks

These little goodies are super easy to make and are the perfect addition to any room. I got my inspiration from the sisters at Drab to Fab. All you will need is a 4x4 wooden post, 6 wooden fence post toppers, wood glue, sandpaper, nails & paint.
 I started by cutting down the post to 3 different sizes. These are 19, 23 & 29 inches high but I have made smaller ones too and they are just as cute. It just depends on where you want to put them.

Next you will glue and nail the fence post toppers to the top and bottom of each cut post.

Then all thats left to do is sand and paint! I chose black because it goes with everything in my house and well, it's my safety color. :)
After the paint dried I sanded down all the edges to let the wood show through a bit and give it an aged look. Then just accessorize  with with candles and wreaths to match your decor! Easy Peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment